1) Eligibility criteria for organizations to be considered for GIVING WoMN funding:
- Recommendation from a GIVING WoMN member
- Deliver services in one or more of the following areas: health, education, human services
- Qualify as tax-exempt under Section 501 (c) (3) of the IRS code
- Serve the greater St. Paul/Minneapolis 7 county area (to some extent)
- Not have received a grant from GIVING WoMN for at least the 3 previous grant cycles.
(Organizations and projects currently ineligible for another GIVNG WoMN grant include: Breaking Free, Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly, Guild Inc., Washburn Center for Children, Treehouse, St. David’s Center for Child and Family Development, KIPP Minnesota, Assistance League of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Dress for Success, Listening House, Cristo Rey Jesuit High School, Prepare+Prosper,
2) Each Member may submit one organization to by the annual deadline (Deadline for the grant cycle for in February 2022 grants is June 30, 2021).
Submissions must Include the following:
- The name and address of the organization
- Website address for the organization
- Name and phone number and email of a key contact (Executive Director, or other key contact at the organization) to ensure that we include the correct organization.
- If the organization is part of a larger organization, that organization’s information also.
Please remember to include ALL information noted above with your nomination!
As a friendly reminder, ALL, yes ALL GIVING WoMN members are welcome to join our Grants Committee to evaluate nominated organizations using our established criteria. There are 5 grants committee meetings beginning in early September with a final meeting in February. Most of our committee work takes place in September, October and November.