GIVING WoMN (GW) Full Grant Proposal Application Form
1. Cover letter
2. Organization Information
- Mission and goals
- Population served
- Brief description of current activities or programs, including any service statistics and strengths or accomplishments
- Brief description of key staff, including qualifications relevant to your proposal
- Brief description of the role/ use of volunteers in your organization
- Alliances/ partnerships in the community and with government agencies (if any)
- Confirmation that the organization is a 501(c) (3) public charity
3. Purpose of the Grant Proposal:
General Operating proposals (only available to organizations under $2 Million in annual revenue)—complete Part A.
Project, Program, or Capacity Building proposals—complete Part B.
Part A – General Operating proposals:
- The opportunity, challenges, issues or need currently facing your organization
- Overall goal(s) of the organization which GW funds will support
- Objectives or ways in which you will meet the goal(s)
- Activities and who will carry out these activities.
- Impact GW funding will have (include impact within 7 County Twin Cities Metro) 6. How the proposal fits with GW funding interests
- Long-term funding strategies
Part B – Project, Program, Capacity Building proposals:
- The situation, problem, need and the population that your proposal addresses.
- Overall goal(s) regarding the situation
- Objectives or ways you will meet the goal(s)
- Specific activities for which you are seeking funding
- Who will carry out the activities?
- Time frame
- Impact GW funding will have (include impact within 7 County Twin Cities Metro) 8. How the proposal fits with GW funding interests
- Long term funding plans for sustaining the effort (if applicable)
4. Evaluation Plan
- Describe your criteria for success.
- How will the success of the proposal be measured/evaluated?
- Who will be involved in the measurement/evaluation?
Required Documents to Accompany the Application Form
- Addendum 1: Organization and Financial Overview (enclosed with this application, 3 pages), including comments and explanations for material changes and variations.
- Recent financial statement, audited if available, including a balance sheet, a statement of activities (or statement of income and expenses) and functional expenses. Please include explanatory narrative, as necessary to enhance understanding.
- Organization budget for current year, including income and expenses. Please include explanatory narrative, if desired.
- Project budget, including income and expenses (NOT required for a general operating proposal). Please include explanatory narrative, if desired.
- An electronic copy of your current IRS 501(c) (3) tax-exempt letter or evidence of government agency status under IRS 170(c).
- Latest annual report if available electronically or on website.