Suicide and suicide prevention was the topic for the November 5 GIVING...
GIVING WoMN Grants Overview
Our Grant Results: OVER $1.7 Million Dollars and Growing! Since our initial grants in mid-2006, GIVING WoMN has distributed $1,791,000 ($10,000-$35,000 each) in grants.
- May-June: Nominations
- Aug-Sept: Letters of Inquiry (LOI) invitations are sent to nominees and letters are received and evaluated. Grants Team meetings begin.
- Sept-Oct: Top LOI organization are invited to submit Full Grant Proposals
- Nov-Dec: Grants Team reviews Full Grant Proposals, conducts site visits to organizations, and ranks proposals/organizations using GW Grant Criteria to determine ballot for full GW vote.
- Jan-Feb: Full GW member vote for organizations to fund. Vote also determine relative amount of grant funding to each grantee organization. Grants Team meetings end.
- February: Announce new grantee organizations/programs at February Educational event
- May: New Grantees speak at GW Annual Meeting, Nominations open for next year.
- Deliver services in one or more of the following areas: health, education, human services
- Qualify as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code
- Serve the greater Saint Paul/Minneapolis 7 county area
- Have not received a grant from Women of Courage/Giving WoMN for the past 3 grant cycles
- A significant impact on the community (deep or broad impact)
- Urgency or immediacy and address a critical need
- Introduction of an exciting new venture and/or a creative and effective solution to a time-worn problem
- The proposal offers opportunities to leverage volunteers, other funds and/or forge partnerships with other organizations that will increase the impact of GW funds.
- The organization has not previously been funded and has multiple GW nominations.